UKS2 - Mrs Marston
Best Looking Class in School
Welcome to Class 5/6!
I am very much looking forward to working with you this year. Some of you know me already know me from art, lacrosse and cookery clubs or have seen me round and about in the village with my two faithful hounds, Isla and Blue.
This year Miss Brownley, Mr Jennings and I have planned some exciting work and activities for all UKS2 pupils. We can't wait to get stuck in and are so pleased to have you all back in school.
This half term, we are starting a brand new topic all about space and linked cross-curricularly to Science - Stargazers! During this term, we’ll read information texts to find out about the Solar System and the Sun, using mnemonics to help us remember the facts. We’ll make a Solar System and investigate the cycle of day into night. We’ll learn about Galileo, the ‘father’ of modern astronomy and his famous astronomical discoveries. Taking on the roles of the planets, we’ll use movement to demonstrate the motions of the planets and moons. We’ll investigate lunar myths and write astronaut poetry. Then we’ll design a space shuttle or satellite (choosing materials for durability) and we’ll program and encode toys to explore a lunar landscape. At the end of the project, we’ll look at alien-themed comics, invent our own aliens and consider the big question: why is there life on Earth?
- I will be putting a weekly newsletter on the classpage rather than sending a paper copy home. Please can you make an effort to read it each week as information from it may be used in our weekly quiz. Information to follow regarding homework, spellings, times tables etc.
- For this half term, PE will be on a Thursday. Children will need to arrive at school in their kit and bring trainers and an additional jacket (if required).
- Pencil cases are to remain in school.
- A clean, fresh water bottle is to be brought into school every day and kept on the table if there is space, or on the floor next to their place.
- Please name all clothing and equipment.
- To get an idea of life in Class 56, please look at the classpage archives for 2019/2020.
If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to email me on email@example.com and I will do my best to get back to you as soon as reasonably possible. If your query is urgent and requires an immediate response, please contact the school office as the first point of contact on 01949 20226.