I would like to start by saying a very warm welcome to all of the children and their parents! Working alongside us this year will be Miss Carberry. This year is already looking to be a very exciting and busy one!
Throughout year, we will be: making a difference in the world, becoming masters of our learning, digging deeper into the mysteries of the world around us and discovering more about ourselves. Our first topic is ‘School Days’ and through this, our aim is to ensure that the children work hard and challenge themselves to become excellent, enthusiastic and independent learners. Each day will be crammed with opportunities for the children to create and explore!
- Every fortnight we will send out a class newsletter which will let you know what we have been up to. that week. This will be emailed out every other Friday.
- Reading will take place every day ensuring that each child’s reading is heard regularly. Reading books will be changed weekly.
- Phonics and spelling take place every day ensuring reading, writing and spelling skills are being taught, practised and applied.
- Spelling and phonics will be taught in small groups daily by Miss Evans, Miss Fisher, Mrs Gilbey, Miss Lancashire and Miss Carberry. From this, spellings will eventually be sent home for children to practice and tested regularly in school.
- Year two children will be completing a phonic assessment later this term (this has been delayed due to COVID). More details to follow.
How you can help:
- Please name all clothing and equipment.
- Read with your child every day and ask them questions about the text. Please record all reading in the calendar pages of their diary. This recording is seen as evidence that they have read and will be rewarded.
- For this half term, PE days will be Wednesday and Friday. Children will need to have their PE in school on these days. Wednesday: indoor kit- trainers, white t-shirt and shorts. Friday: outdoor kit- trainers, white t-shirt and long bottoms.
- This year children do not need a pencil case. A water bottle is optional as we have individual cups and a water cooler in each classroom.
Finally, we look forward to an amazing and creative year; as a school we appreciate the commitment and dedication from home and can’t wait to watch your children grow in confidence, independence and maturity. Should you have any queries, please use the emails below or contact the school office if it is an urgent matter.
Miss Fisher J