Welcome to Miss McHugh's Class Page!
Here you will find some useful information for the year ahead.
This half term we will be covering the following:
Maths: Fractions, decimals and percentages, BODMAS, reflecting and translating 2D shapes, constructing 3D shapes, algebra, revision of written multiplication and division, angles
English: Flashback stories and persuasive writing
Geography: Continuing our topic on 'Comparing People and Places' including our local geography
RE: Beliefs and impacts upon lives (Hindu and Muslim beliefs)
Art/D/Music: Native art, music and food from countries studied in Geography
Computing: Online safety and coding
Remember PE is on Thursday afternoon so please make sure your outdoor kit is in school on this day.
Homework is given out on a Friday and due back the following Thursday. Weekly newsletters will be uploaded onto the class page which details the week's homework. I always have spare copies of the homework in my classroom, so make sure you ask for it if you weren't here when it was given out or have misplaced it. I will always help with any homework questions if you ask before the Friday it is due in.
If as a parent/carer, you have any quick questions or queries, please come in and see me, or make an appointment if necessary.
Some key dates (so far, more will be added!):
- 7th December 2018 - Year 6 DARE graduation at 2.45pm (all parents/carers welcome to attend)
- 10th December 2018 - Whole school pantomime trip in the morning
- 13th December 2018 - KS2 carol service in church (in the morning and evening)
- 18th December 2018 - Christmas dinner day
- 20th December 2018 - Upper KS2 Christmas party (in the afternoon)
- 13th - 16th May 2019 - KS2 SATs
- 22nd - 24th May 2019 - Year 6 residential to Whitby