At the very heart of what we strive to do here at St Peter's is defined as Profound Personal Development (red centre of our Ethos model for Excellence).
At St. Peter's, we concentrate our intentions on our Mission Statement of 'Striving for life in all its fullness' John10:10 and our ‘Guiding Principles’.
We believe these are clear statements of intent that both keep us focused on what is important and allow us to judged in terms of attaining the level of effectiveness that our principles challenge us to achieve.
If you visit St. Peter’s we believe you will be able to see and/or sense clear evidence of our principles in practice.
The School’s Mission Statement
'Striving for life in all its fullness' John10:10
“Recognising its historic foundation, the school will preserve and develop its religious character in accordance with the principles of the Church of England and in partnership with the Church at parish and diocesan level. The school aims to serve its community by providing an education of the highest quality within the context of Christian belief and practice. It encourages an understanding of the meaning and significance of faith, and promotes Christian values and respect for other religions to all its pupils.”
• “Together in Achievement” (Partnership and ethos)
• St. Peter’s as a ’Take Care School’, where we “Take care of our self, each other, the world and with our work.” (Ethos and Christian foundation)
• At St. Peter’s, “We work hard to maximize the learning and growing of all our pupils, in a take care environment.” (Principle which links all our planning, work and thinking and forms the basis of all our School Self Review and evaluation)
• At St, Peter’s, “Every child has the right to learn and grow in a caring school where he/she feels safe and happy and which provides equal opportunity for all.” (Attitudes and Behaviour)
• “Striving to be, the best we can be.” (Encouraging us to always be in a process of continuous school self review and positive improvement)
• "For children... for all." (Recognition and emphasis of our primary focus)